Cynics Anonymous

I go to as many gigs as is financially possible and thought it would be sensible to keep a journal of gigs I go to, cds I buy, new and old bands I come across and anything else I fancy going on about.

Thursday, April 20, 2006

4 April - Guillemots, Beerjacket and Mistys Big Adventure @ King Tuts, Glasgow

I offered to sell cds for Beerjacket tonight; therefore I totally missed his set, although from where I was standing it sounded excellent. The sound was tip top and there were a good amount of people in despite the very early start.

Mistys Big Adventure was by some way the strangest band I have ever seen. There were about 10 of them and the lead singer seemed to be dressed as a Muppet. Not my cup of teas but they seemed to have healthy following.

I love The Guillemots and their set didn't disappoint, however as I was completely knackered I left early but satisfied by the half hour I saw. They will be huge and deservedly so in my humble opinion.